If you’re looking for the most energy-efficient way to heat and cool your home, then having a geothermal system installed by United Heating & Air is your best bet. Customers throughout Montgomery, AL, and surrounding areas are enjoying the many cost-saving benefits of a geothermal system.
How Does a Geothermal System Work?
Geothermal heating and cooling systems absorb heat from your house and then transfer it to the underground loop, which we install, where it absorbed by the cool earth. The heat pump uses the cool water returning from underground to create cool, dehumidified air for your home. A geothermal system takes advantage of the earth maintaining a constant, moderate temperature just below the surface, even during the cooler months. The ground-source heat pump provides warm air for your home as well.
Benefits of a Geothermal Heating & Cooling System
- Longer life expectancy (22-25 yrs) because of all equipment being in condition space
- More energy efficient, some units getting up to 41 Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER)
- No need for backup heat (electric strip heat) in this area
- No outdoor unit (everything in house)
- Not affected by outdoor conditions, water loops in the ground working in constant 60-degree temp
- With a hot water generator this system can produce free hot water
- Quiet systems
- Keeps your home’s electrical load down, if installing whole-house generator